Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Power of "Me" Time





If you don’t like who you are and where you are, don’t worry about it because you’re not stuck either with who you are or where you are. you can grow. You can change .You can be more than you are.

~Zig Ziglar



This quote really speaks to me. So often I get stuck in a rut, and I get down on myself. We all do. It's in our nature. But we are the only ones who can make a change. It's easy to get stuck in a negative frame of mind. Psychology teaches us that negative things have more impact than positive things. So for every one negative thought or event that occurs, we need many more positive things to make up for it. Keep that in mind when you are having a rough day. I can always think of something to be grateful for no matter what. I am so blessed in so many ways. 


One thing that has helped me is to truly devote attention to myself at least once a day. It doesn't have to take an hour. Even just 5 minutes of you time can help. Do what makes you happy and you will be energized to get through the rest of the day. Running has helped me in more ways than I ever imagined it would. I am not athletic by nature, trust me on that. I was the bookworm growing up, and I never played sports. I look forward to running, because it is the only time in my day that I am not trying to multitask. It is my time to focus on myself. I never realized the value of that until lately. How can I be of any use to others if I don't take care of me first.




I challenge you to do the same.


What are some ways that you make time for yourself?
How do you replace negative thoughts with positive ones?




Let me know if you have any suggestions for future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment