Thursday, October 6, 2011

Good Morning!

Good morning everyone! This morning has been okay so far. I definitely enjoyed my extra hour of sleep! (I don't have to come in to work until 9AM on Thursdays!) Let me know what you guys thought of the last post. I think it's good to reflect on ways to improve your happiness on a regular basis. One thing I read recently said that happiness is not an emotion, but a choice. I like that. Every day you have to make a conscious decision to be happy regardless of what comes your way. It's certainly not easy, but nothing worthwhile is. I have been trying this out lately, and it really has worked wonders on how I see my life.


Roman and I


One thing I was doing for a while (need to get back into this!) was writing three things that inspired me, made me happy, or I was grateful for in a journal every night before bed. It really helps to put things into perspective. If it sounds lame to you, just humor me and try it once. You may be surprised!




Like I said in the previous post, staying positive is a lot harder than staying negative. Negative thoughts come naturally, but if we make a conscious effort to change that little by little the positive thoughts will start to come easier too. I personally wonder what would happen if more people did this on a daily basis. Would people become happier and more caring towards one another? It's a nice thought for sure.

Let me know what you think about this!
Do you write in a journal?
Do you make a conscious effort to be happy?


Britny

No comments:

Post a Comment