Sunday, January 23, 2011

A New Semester

So last week I started school and work again. This is officially my last semester in college as an undergrad, and I still can't believe it! I am only taking 4 classes, so I can try to have a relaxing last semester. Lately I feel like I have little to no motivation for school, so I am just trying to get through this semester one week at a time. It's even more difficult knowing I am so close to finishing. Part of me wonders how long it will take me to miss school and want to go back. My plan is to take at least a year off before I go to graduate school so I can recharge and hopefully figure out what I want to do as my career.

Right now I am really interested in the psychology behind appetite, and I am also really interested in public health. I have found a few programs that are a blend between public health and the behavioral sciences so I am hoping I can get into one of those. I hate not knowing for sure what I want to do. I feel so much pressure, because what if I choose the wrong thing? I feel like what I do for my career is what defines me as a person, but I don't want my career to be my whole life either. All I know for sure right now is that I need a break. Maybe taking a year off will enable me to really focus on myself for once, and I can figure out what really makes me happy.

In any case, I need some serious motivation to get through these next 4 months. Roman and I have already decided we want to go on a cruise the day after I graduate so I have something amazing to look forward to! I love traveling, and I think not being able to do that lately has taken a toll on me. My adventurous nature is making it hard to stay put for so long!

Resolution Headway:

I have still been eating healthy, but I did have a minor slip up last night. I had taco bell and a rootbeer (not very tasty though). I have still been exercising, but not as much as I could. I did try one thing that really made a difference. I put on some ankle weights while cooking and doing errands and I really could feel the burn! I think I will do that on days I don't have as much time to exercise.


Well that is all I have for now!


Britny

No comments:

Post a Comment